It is a beautiful, humbling thing to be missed. It is a hearty, real, unsettling thing to miss someone. There are some things a video screen and conversation can fill, and others - moments you wish to share, times you want to wrap your arms around a person or kiss their cheek - to pick up a phone and bring them into your day, to meet and hear about the mundane or complex things of theirs.
And I sit here, halfway across the world from (#) of the best friends I could ask for... and many more to name - women I am so thankful to know, to watch them do life, to walk with and learn from, and I wonder how in the world I have anything to offer for them to miss. Sometimes I think I have so much more to learn from them than they could learn from me... and so I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you. I don't deserve the beautiful friendships that you've given me, and at the same time, I hope I can treasure and cherish them, and hold them tight forever. I know I don't need them. I know that you are enough for me, and so I am thankful that you've chosen to give them to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment